Saturday, April 28, 2012

Education Tax Credits and Deductions

Find out how you or your child can get a tax credit for going to college or some other post-secondary education institution. Get even more information at

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sunday, April 22, 2012

How to Request a Copy of Your Tax Return

Taxpayers can request a transcript or an entire copy of their tax return from the IRS by Internet, telephone or regular mail.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gift Tax

Find out if you'll need to pay the federal gift tax if you give someone money or property. Get even more details at

Monday, April 16, 2012

Need More Time to File Your Return? 2012

No matter how hard you try, sometimes you just cannot file your tax return on time. If that's the case for you this year, find out how you can get an an extension of time to file your tax return.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Standard Versus Itemized Deductions

Find out how to decide whether you should take the standard deduction or itemize your deductions. For even more information, go to

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

IRS: 'Dirty Dozen' tax scams for 2012

This week, the Internal Revenue Service released their list of the most common tax scams they are seeing.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tax Tips For 2012: Tax Breaks For Job Hunters

Taxgirl Kelly Phillips Erb says many job search costs are deductible, but not when you're switching careers

Sunday, April 1, 2012

IRS Scam E-mail

Below is an example of scam email falsely representing the IRS........

From: Internal Revenue Service complaintscenter1@irs.govTo:
Date: 28 Feb 200816:38:40 0100
Subject: Complaint Filled against Sample Tax Svc (Case id: #B317CA)
Dear Mr. Sample,
A complaint has been filed against the company you are affiliated to, Sample in regards to multiple unauthorized third party tax inquiries. The complaint was filed by Mr. David Newman on 27/02/2008 and has been forwarded to the IRS and the US Department of Justice. IRS Complaint Case Number: #B317CA
Date: 27/02/2008
IRS Complaint with appropriate information attached.
You may find a copy of the original complaint and contact information for Mr. David Newman attached.
Disputes involving consumer products and/or services taxes may be arbitrated through the IRS. Unless they directly relate to the contract that is the basis of this tax dispute, the following claims will not be considered for arbitration: Claims for personal injuries; Claims that have been resolved by a previous court action, arbitration, or written agreement between the parties. If an arbitration is required to settle the tax dispute, Internal Revenue Service offers binding arbitration service for disputes involving marketplace tax transactions. Arbitration is a convenient, civilized way to settle disputes quickly and fairly, without the costs associated with other legal options.